11m Span EFASS Light Aircraft Hangars
This is the smallest military aircraft hangar in the EFASS range, initially designed to accommodate small aircrraft and helicopters. This aircraft, vehicle and maintenance hangar may be the baby of the range but it is constructed using the same roof and leg elements as the 20.4m (67ft) span Rubb Military building and built to the same high specifications as its two bigger brothers.
During its development, the Heli-Door came onstream and the first door was prototyped on this shelter using standard roof elements as door horizontals, providing an almost full width opening. The project created a lot of interest from visiting British and American military personnel, prompting the addition of two more options, armour and crane. Armour was developed in partnership with QinetiQ North America's Last Armour Division, providing a fast installation and removal of the protective panels to the inside of the shelter walls.
The crane enables heavy maintenance and engine changes to both aircraft and military vehicles in theatre, while the 10m wide Heli-Door allows clear and easy access.
- Span 11.1m
- Leg Height 5m
- Overall Height 6.1m
- Standard Length 16m
- Module Length 4m
- Door Height 4m
- Door Width 10m
- The smallest in the EFASS aircraft hangar range was intially designed to accommodate vehicles and small helicopters
- The 11m EFASS can be equipped with Heli-Door or Roller Shutter Door options
- Very strong but lightweight structural components allow a small workforce to erect buildings in a short time frame
- Available with Rubb's unique roof mounted gantry crane which was developed around military helicopter maintenance crews' requirements
- Typical lengths range from 28m to 100m and are extendable by 4m (13ft) bays
- 11m EFASS hangars can be modified into warehouses or sunshades
Keeping you up to date
Read all about Rubb Military's EFASS hangar projects from around the world and all local internal news
Rubb Military EFASS
The EFASS is designed to be rapidly deployed and erected anywhere in the world. Rubb provides robust, reliable and maintainable military hangars.