20.4m Span EFASS Aircraft Hangars
The 20.4m Rubb Military aircraft hangar was the first of the EFASS aircraft hangar range of soft walled temporary buildings to be specifically designed to comply with a very stringent military compliance matrix from the Royal Air Force.
This required worldwide rapid deployment capabilities. The aircraft hangars were designed to accommodate fixed wing aircraft with particular emphasis on the Tornado, where it had to perform as a front-line maintenance hangar and a sunshade (both doors open).
The door is constructed using the same high quality aluminium framework as the main structure. Three framed PVC panels are hinged at the base of the hangar and the door operates via a button controlled motorised mechanism.
- Span 20.4m
- Leg Height 4.2m
- Overall Height 8.3m
- Standard Length 28m
- Module Length 4m
- The 20.4m span EFASS is currently being used in the field by multiple military forces and civil aviation services
- Performs as a front line maintenance hangar but doubles up as a sunshade with both doors open (Trident door option)
- Available with Rubb's unique 1500kg roof mounted gantry crane which was developed around military helicopter maintenance crews' requirements
- The 20.4m EFASS can be equipped with Heli-Door, Trident and Roller Shutter door options
- Typical lengths range from 28m to 100m and are extendable by 4m (13ft) bays
- Can be easily equipped with Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) solutions to provide an environmentally controlled environment
- Standard building (Trident doors x2) and electrics pack into one 20ft ISO shipping container (packed container weighs just 12,000kg)
- Hangars can be shortened, extended or modified into warehouses or sunshades
Keeping you up to date
Read all about Rubb Military's EFASS hangar projects from around the world and all local internal news
Rubb Military EFASS
The EFASS is designed to be rapidly deployed and erected anywhere in the world. Rubb provides robust, reliable and maintainable military hangars.